Hari ini dalam sejarah! Not RTM show ya..
Today, we went again to visit British Museum. And guess what! The Power of Taboo and The Myth of Bengal are currently exhibited in the museum. Well, the display artifacts of the Power of Taboo are ok, and the surrounding really reminds us of the Sarawak museum, full of native artifacts and human skulls.The best part of today's visit was the mummy, I mean the real mummy. It is on the display at the Egyptian area. It was quite scary to see the whole body is wrapped in bandage like that. It really reminds me of the some form of 'Hantu' or ghosts, which I always imagine during my child hood time. Well, I grew up in Kampung and 'Hantu' or 'ghost' was always the reasons created by my parents or my grandmothers if they wanted to scare us (me and my siblings). Even, Bi also said that his grandmother also used 'Hantu' to scare him. Anyway, back to the mummy. Ancient Egypt used the mummification process to preserve dead body.
This picture below was taken from the British museum website, and it was the way the earliest Ancient Egyptian buried the dead. Basically, the desert sand quickly dried the body, and thus maintained the body shape.I also bought an encyclopedia about ancients history. Can't wait to start reading it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home