Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sleep zzzzz!

My hubby always says I sleep a lot, and probably more than the average person. I think he's right! Like this morning, I could not sleep after 'bersahur'. I started to work from 6:30 am to 10:30 am. Then, I felt so tired and my brain couldn't concentrate anymore. I wathed Harry Porter: Prisoner of Azkaban about 2o-30 minutes. Then I fall to sleep until 3:30pm, which means I have slept for 4 hours and 30 minutes. Was it the cold weather and empty stomach that make me sleep so well?

I got this table from http://www.sleepfoundation.org/ . Research said that average adults need between 7 to 9 hours sleep. Let see last night, I slept at 12:30pm and woke up at 4am. I got roughly about 4 hours sleep and plus today amount, I have been sleeping for 8 hours and 30 minutes. Hmmm not too bad. At least I am within the 'healthy sleeping pattern' category. But I should try to regulate properly my night time sleep. Bi's pattern of sleeping is worst. Everyday, he sleeps less than 7 hours. He is like a clock, and never tries to expand more if there's no reason for that. In many ways, it is true he is more disciplined than me in following his routine such as sleep, work, study etc. Anyway, he also should regulate his night time sleep.

Not enough sleep has many bad consequences such as easily get irritated, lack of concentration, problems in completing a task and making decision. It also can have impact on aging and diabetes.

Here is some TIPS FOR GOOD SLEEP and hopefull we all can sleep well tonight.
- Avoid caffeine (coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate) and nicotine (cigarettes, tobacco products)
close to bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol as it can lead to disrupted sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but complete your workout at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Establish a regular relaxing, not alerting, bedtime routine (e.g. taking a bath or relaxing in a
hot tub).
- Create a sleep-conducive environment that is dark, quiet and preferably cool and comfortable.

GOOD NIGHT AND HAVE A GOOD SLEEP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home