Jalan-jalan Cari Makan: Jom Makan Restaurant - London
Jom Makan is a franchise Malaysian restaurant, located next to Trafalgar Square, a few blocks away from National Art Gallery. The price of the food is quite acceptable. My hubby said the restaurant does not have the Malaysian atmosphere, but for me, it's ok. It's more like an expensive fast food restaurant, very relaxing and spacious. I did enjoy listening the Malay songs played in the restaurant.

However, we're not happy with the quality of the food. The beef skewer (satay) plus the sauce were tasteless, dry and very poorly presented. Our verdict: 1 out of 5. I was dreaming of Satay Kajang Haji Samuri hmmm ...

My hubby had a steam rice with Daging Assam Pedas (sort of hot and sour beef). Actually we've never heard such menu before probably because I'm from Kedah and Bi from Kuching. Nevertheless we were curious about the food. I just found out that this food is popular in Malacca - check this link for the recipe. Our verdict for Daging Assam Pedas: 1 out of 5. The over sourly soup taste spoiled the assam pedas taste (not sure if this is the actual taste of assam pedas in Malacca, i.e., thick with tamarind juice) and the meat was slightly tough and very small portion. I had 'Nasi Kerabu Ayam Percik'. The Ayam Percik came with a generous portion of chicken. But rice + salad like that is definitely not the authentic nasi kerabu. The Ayam Percik was also very plain. Our verdict: 2 out of 5. Anybody out there, can you tell me where I can have the authentic 'Nasi Kerabu Kelantan' in London?

The only thing my hubby love about the food was the two pieces of prawn crackers that came with the 'Nasi Kerabu Ayam Percik.
Jom Makan Restaurant menu list as below..
However, we're not happy with the quality of the food. The beef skewer (satay) plus the sauce were tasteless, dry and very poorly presented. Our verdict: 1 out of 5. I was dreaming of Satay Kajang Haji Samuri hmmm ...
My hubby had a steam rice with Daging Assam Pedas (sort of hot and sour beef). Actually we've never heard such menu before probably because I'm from Kedah and Bi from Kuching. Nevertheless we were curious about the food. I just found out that this food is popular in Malacca - check this link for the recipe. Our verdict for Daging Assam Pedas: 1 out of 5. The over sourly soup taste spoiled the assam pedas taste (not sure if this is the actual taste of assam pedas in Malacca, i.e., thick with tamarind juice) and the meat was slightly tough and very small portion. I had 'Nasi Kerabu Ayam Percik'. The Ayam Percik came with a generous portion of chicken. But rice + salad like that is definitely not the authentic nasi kerabu. The Ayam Percik was also very plain. Our verdict: 2 out of 5. Anybody out there, can you tell me where I can have the authentic 'Nasi Kerabu Kelantan' in London?
The only thing my hubby love about the food was the two pieces of prawn crackers that came with the 'Nasi Kerabu Ayam Percik.
Jom Makan Restaurant menu list as below..



2 Comments:
Hi
My name is Victoria and i am the Operations Manager for Jom Makan, London.
I was sorry to read you had such a disappointing time at our brand new restaurant. We take our customers feedback very seriously and as a small gesture we would like to invite you both to enjoy a complimentary dinner for 2 with us.
If you wouldn't mind emailing me at victoria@jommakan.co.uk we can reserve you a table.
Best Regards
Victoria
By
Anonymous, at 12:45 AM
Hi Victoria,
Thanks for your kind invitation. We'll email you shortly in reply.
Regards
Taufik
By
Rohaya & Taufik, at 5:41 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home