Birmingham -- my verdict!
Phew! I almost missed the train to Birmingham, and all the blames should be directed to me alone. I've been known as stubborn and very decisive, and even sometimes, I can already see the obvious sign of mistakes but still I am unmoved with that. I did this again, and I congratulated myself for doing this. At least I've burned few calories while chasing the train like hell!
So how's Birmingham? I'll use these phrases to describe it. 'Small', 'very local', 'bad customer service', and 'slow pace'. Well, what can I say! My first day at Birmingham was spoiled by Britannia Hotel receptionists. People say 'first impression' is everything in the hospitality industry. I've been asked to wait for more than an hour to check in. I know that the hotel had some sort of evaluation going on. But at least, they should explain to us, and not just continued to create unreasonable excuses again and again.

The Bull Ring is good for shopping. I am not so sure about the 'Bull' story but make sure you won't miss this landmark - 'the bull'. Despite bad customer service around few stores that I've visited, I do enjoy shopping there. Life in this city is very lay back style. Also, it's worth to visit the Birmingham museum and art gallery and take photos around Victoria Square. t's also worth to venture to local markets just next to the Bull Ring area. You can feel the local atmosphere of this city. The worst part about staying at Bull Ring area is finding food. There were too few fast food/ restaurants. Bull Ring also does not have night life because most of the stores are closed around 7pm. But they do open very early, around 9am except Sunday. So for two nights, after dinner at Pizza Hut, I watched 9pm movies at the cinema opposite my hotel.
Overall, I won't go to Birmingham again unless I receive free train tickets / free hotel.


So how's Birmingham? I'll use these phrases to describe it. 'Small', 'very local', 'bad customer service', and 'slow pace'. Well, what can I say! My first day at Birmingham was spoiled by Britannia Hotel receptionists. People say 'first impression' is everything in the hospitality industry. I've been asked to wait for more than an hour to check in. I know that the hotel had some sort of evaluation going on. But at least, they should explain to us, and not just continued to create unreasonable excuses again and again.

The Bull Ring is good for shopping. I am not so sure about the 'Bull' story but make sure you won't miss this landmark - 'the bull'. Despite bad customer service around few stores that I've visited, I do enjoy shopping there. Life in this city is very lay back style. Also, it's worth to visit the Birmingham museum and art gallery and take photos around Victoria Square. t's also worth to venture to local markets just next to the Bull Ring area. You can feel the local atmosphere of this city. The worst part about staying at Bull Ring area is finding food. There were too few fast food/ restaurants. Bull Ring also does not have night life because most of the stores are closed around 7pm. But they do open very early, around 9am except Sunday. So for two nights, after dinner at Pizza Hut, I watched 9pm movies at the cinema opposite my hotel.
Overall, I won't go to Birmingham again unless I receive free train tickets / free hotel.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home