Saturday, June 09, 2007

Malaysia Week in London





I couldn't stop smiling looking at Bi. He was so excited and kept looking around, as if he has a plan to meet someone today. Actually, he couldn't contain his excitement about today event. We had a day out at Convent Garden because of the Malaysia Week festival in London. Not bad at all, and we really enjoyed our outing today. Apart from nice satay and char kow teow, we also enjoyed the ghost malay movie 'Jgn Pandang Belakang' and a preview of 'Waris Jari Hantu' at Malaysian Hall London.

The best part among all for today was meeting Datuk Jins Shamsudin and listened to Datuk Seri Rais Yatim speech. Datuk Jins is very sporting, and you can guess by looking at our pictures. Datuk Rais Yatim's speech confirmed my expectation about him. He is very articulate, resourceful, and frank in speaking his thought. I also think that he is a very observant type of person. I see him as a charismatic leader, and one day I hope he will lead Malaysia.
As for the movie, it was really fun for us to join the Malaysian crowd and few of Mat Saleh watching the free movies sponsored by FINAS.

We'd like to say million thanks to FINAS and KEKWA for organizing such a wonderful event, particularly bringing the Malaysian atmosphere to London and through films!

2 Comments:

  • Yupp, I am one of his "peminat" like P.Ramlee as well. I always remember his classic movie Bukit Kepong, Sergeant Hassan and the legendary Jefry Zain aka Malaysian Agent 007 in Gerak Kilat.. hehe.. Hmm..don't forget the sad one, Esok Masih Ada.. Finally, I met him in person after so many times watching him on TV screen.

    - fik

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:10 AM  

  • rohaya, ish ish ish, berposing sakan.

    make sure you join the kelab peminat filem, ya?

    By Blogger Kak Teh, at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home