Window 7 build 7000 - first look
YIPPE! finally got my hand on this Window 7 beta and it's 2.5gb in size with an iso chunk format
over the bandwidth. I installed it into my Sun Virtual Box to test it out. Why Sun and not VPC ? Well, I thought I could use the Virtual Box's USB functionality but somehow after doing some digging, I found out that the USB feature is only available in the commerical version hehe.. Yupp, they called me free-loader for nothing.
At first glance, the UI for Window 7 looks pretty much the same as Vista except for a few cosmetic enhancements with new wallpapers, logo and taskbar. The installation process can be easily mistaken for Vista except for the BIG Window 7 wording. The startup speed in the virtual environment is a bit faster compared to Vista that runs under VPC. Then, again this could be contributed by the Virtual Box performances unless I put both desktop PC side by side. Anyway, The layout for the panels such as Control Panel and System Admin look very simple and draft, maybe because it's still in a beta version. I'll might follow up with some more details later err.. that's if I've time.. Then, I'm curious to see how our Control Software and my own "project" perform under this Windows.
At first glance, the UI for Window 7 looks pretty much the same as Vista except for a few cosmetic enhancements with new wallpapers, logo and taskbar. The installation process can be easily mistaken for Vista except for the BIG Window 7 wording. The startup speed in the virtual environment is a bit faster compared to Vista that runs under VPC. Then, again this could be contributed by the Virtual Box performances unless I put both desktop PC side by side. Anyway, The layout for the panels such as Control Panel and System Admin look very simple and draft, maybe because it's still in a beta version. I'll might follow up with some more details later err.. that's if I've time.. Then, I'm curious to see how our Control Software and my own "project" perform under this Windows.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home