Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No sign of our home broadband yet....

I've lost tracks on the amount of time I spend on the phone with the Virgin media customer support since 23rd. They gave us an activation date but until today there's no signal yet coming through our ADSL led on our router. From opening up our BT wall socket, changing our filter, checking the cable, reset router etc.. still no life signs of our broadband activation. Anyway, I wasted my precious time last evening trying to convince them that the problem may lies on the BT exchange and not the home line (based on our previous UKonline subscription) but they thought otherwise and insisted that it's my line which I ended up with a promised to "flush the line" whatever that means and "Switch on and off" my router few times after 30 to 40 minutes. Well, I did all that but ended in a stalemate situation going nowhere. Finally, I called them again this morning and they did the ping, and guess what ? it returned the BT error "different subscriber". The person on the phone told me that they've a problem at the BT exchange and need another 5 to 10 days to resolve it. HEYYYYY.. finally we're getting somewhere! Sheesh! they could've done that last evening and not wasting my time fiddling with the BT wall socket and flipping switches.. sheessh!.. we'll see..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home