My side of story.
The rains started to drizzle when I made my way towards Chicken Cottage. The weather was cold and nightfalls drew near. "Gosh! How I hate this chilly winter's evening ", said to myself. I was 30 minutes late. I had just finished my work. Last minutes changed in my program. My appointment with Yang was supposed to be at 5.15pm. No, I don't want her to stand in the cold. "How I wish we could have a nice warm meal in the Penang Malaysia restaurant again." Then again, she had texted me earlier on, she's waiting for me at Chicken Cottage. "Yeah, my fault, I should have text her first to wait for me at Iman or the restaurant". We had enough of the Chicken Cottage's taste last week. Crossing the streets, I passed by the bus stop and walked quickly towards the Indian gocery store. Suddenly, out from nowhere, three punks rushed toward me and nearly knocked me over. They were laughing and shouting all the way. I was shocked and disbelieved that they never turned and apologised. Cursed them ! thats all I could say to myself. I had noticed people on the street walks were looking at me. No, not at me, I realised that they were looking at those punks. They covered their face with a hanky like those bandits in the cowboy movie. Yeah, halloween my foot, I laughed. 31st October is way over ! Some kids still celebrating ! what are their parents teaching them these days. Weird! By the time I reached Chicken Cottage, I sensed something amissed. It is not busy as usual ? Why ? Normally, Friday evening this place was rather packed with customers. I mean, packed of not that packed but mostly entertained customer's take away deals. I looked over my shoulder. There was Yang. Sitting in the corner waiting for me. Something doesn't seems right. She looks frightened. I went over and asked her, "Sorry, I am late. A bit cope up with the last minutes changes, How long you've been waiting?". She replied, still trembled.. "There had been a robbery earlier on", she paused and recollected, "It was 5 minutes earlier on". My jaw dropped. "Where, How". She answered, "Here, at the counter, 5 minutes ago". Again in I am in the state of disbelieved and shocked, "How is this happened?. Are you ok? How do you feel? Is anyone hurts ?" My questions kept coming out from my mouth like a water rushing down the watefall ! My eyes started to wander around, the counter, cashier, the staff, the manager, the customers... all those innocent people and stuff sat there had been victimised by those irresponsible, public enemy ruffians. My concentration still focus on Yang. She's my greatest worry. We had been trying to avoid this sort of situation all these time. Even back in Malaysia, Melbourne and here in London, we avoided lonely area, late night outing especially Friday and weekends. Somehow, now..this time, she was at the wrong place at the wrong time, how could that be ? Maybe, I should had went back earlier, just a little bit earlier and we may landed safetly in Malaysia restaurant or Iman cafe. I think I should blame myself for her safety this time. It makes me more angry thinking that those punks thought it was fun or something pointing their weapons at innocent people. No matters if it's a "Keris" or dagger or guns, they are still categoried as a weapon by definition. I made my rounds of short chat with their friendly manager. He seems to be in a traumatised condition like all his staff.. standing there looking blanks. Anyway, the police came and take down all the statements. We went back around 7pm. As for Yang, she still phobia about seeing those some kids wearing a hooded jackets... I have a confident that she will overcome her fears in a short period of time as she is always being strong and stayed in focus. No doubt, I am always beside her to make sure of that.
bi.
bi.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home