Hello and Goodbye Cairo!
He kept on scratching Yang's visa. This is getting ridiculous. Quickly, I asked Yang to show him her Imperial Student id. He stopped his bizarre action after seeing her id. Then, he opened my visa. "Why you have two UK visa ? You Malaysian? ", asked the ticketing officer. "Two ? ahh Yes", I answered him. "That’s because I was a student dependant then I was given a work permit after that.". Simple answer for the simple question right? No. He was unconvinced. So, he called for his brute looking supervisor. A rather rough looking fellow he is. "He Chinese" said the ticketing office and passed him my passport. His supervisor ruthlessly flipped my passport pages and shook his head, “No”, “No”.. then spoke something in Arabic to his colleague. Both of them started to exchange a sinister glance and look at me. “You ! WHY YOU HAVE 2 VISAS? “, asked the brute one after threw my passport back onto the counter. Quick as lightning, I fumbled my pocket and showed them my UK work permit document. “Here, proof of my visa work permit validity ”. I began to explain to them from head to tail about my student dependant visa to work permit visa. Then, they studied my passport again. Not convinced, they called another colleague of theirs. I began to sense something was wrong. He stumbled through the barrage of baggage and took my documents from them. After few minutes of studying, he says "No problem, everything ok. You Alright." And he moved away with the brute fellow. I think to myself, "So, what's with all the fracas just now ? ". Leaving us and the ticketing officer who was still unconvinced, he kept looking at my work permit and my student dependant visa. He called for his brute supervisor again. They talked in Arabic pointing at my visa. Gosh ! When is this madness going to end? One of the old supervisors turned to me, “You, please wait there. Give me 30 minutes. We need to check your passport.” By then, couple of questions started to lingered in my mind..
- Why I had been questioned by a ticketing officer instead of their immigration? Are their ticketing officer also been given an authority to interrogate people?
- If so, why are they so incompetent in dealing with International immigration regulations?
- Why they asked me about my 2 visas? If they acted on their immigration dept behalf, they should know about the UK immigration rules and regulations. Furthermore, I felt that with all my valid documents in front of them, they are like a clowns behind their counter juggling their own time wasting soap opera sessions.
- It seems to me, they are not happy that UK Immigration had stuck two valid visas stickers onto my passport. Do they have any rights to determine how UK immigration visa being issued? That’s very funny. The way they questioned me, it was like, and they wanted to know why UK Immigration stuck two valid visas there? I meant, how should I know? I am not with the UK Immigration.
I had been in and out of UK, visiting Ireland, UK visa checked in Prague and KLIA several times without any problems. Maybe, they want to just to flex their muscles? After watching them, walked up and down behind the counter without doing any much progress for 30 minutes or so, suddenly, they called for me. “You’re cleared!”. I was baffled! HUH? Are they playing their Egyptian jokes on me? I remember those slaves I saw in National Geo about King Tut and Amun were being whipped around to build a pyramid and statues. Gosh! Are they doing the same thing to me? Horsing me around??? So, I asked him, "So ? anything wrong ?". He replied "No no.. Everything fine.. Have a good trip. Shukran!"…. We just stood there in disbelieves.



1 Comments:
they try to double standards bangsa kita...
nak kena belasah nih...
By
cikdinz, at 10:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home