Demm! There goes our weekend again!
Thanks to our agent, KYoung, we're wasting another good weekend waiting for their plumber again. Recently, they've been showing quite a concern about plumbing, sealing and boiler on their properties. That's good news for those who have their properties manage under them but let’s look a little bit further than that. It seems like, every time when they want to schedule plumbing services they would arrange it on weekend even though we insist that we want it on weekdays. Not only it would interrupt our weekend and wasting our time waiting, we also sense some fishy about their intention. How much do they usually charge our landlord on their plumbing services rendered during weekend? Out of curiosity, we did a googling in the internet and discovered that there's an extra charge involve if you contract a plumber in the weekend or after office hours. Now, the funny thing is that, they only notified us a day before the visit! When I gave them a called and insisted that they do it on weekdays or after 5, the lady on the other line said "We've look at the plumber's quote and my boss agreed with the price. So the plumber will go tomorrow ". I was puzzled and being a good tenant, I digged into more details, "Sorry, am I missing something here? What quote are you referring to? As far as I know, there's no plumber or anyone from your company came for the inspection YET? And your boss agree with a non-existence quote?". The lady replied, "Duhh, hmm.. errr but my boss agree, wait.. sorry, there have been a mistake, ok the plumber will go and inspect your property tomorrow and gives us the quote". At this point, I felt that there's something amiss somewhere but I decided not to pursue this trivial matter any further. It's between the real estate agent and the landlord themselves, and as long as our tenancy record here in UK is clean and good, we're alright. Well, weekend is like a rest day for us to go out and see the "real world" after a long day in the office or Uni with a dull, wet and cold weather. Now, we've to waste our weekend with the plumbers and inspections every now and then, and it's very annoying. We understand that the credit crunch has an effect on real estate businesses but do they need to impose this onto us? Anyway, for fellow Malaysians who are planning to go through the real estate agent here in UK, please double check those small prints in the contract, add in an addition clause on the plumbing and inspection scheduling if possible.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home