Bloggers are liars, particularly women! What daaaa
Why.. why..why Panglima Besar had to make such comments during the International Women Celebration Day? Have you got no wife or may be relatives, friends, friend of friends who are women, and they have blog, so that they can explain to you what is blog? Well Panglima Besar, I'll teach you what blog is, and for this, I won't charge any fee although I know you're very rich. Before I start, let me clarify few allegations that you have made against bloggers, particularly the women bloggers:
-----------
"All bloggers are liars. They cheat people using all kinds of methods.'From my understanding, out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women.''Bloggers like to spread rumours; they do not like national unity.
----------
I am not sure how you have structured your speech, and I try to resist that this is actually a written-based speech or whatever you call it. This speech does not represent any charismatic, intelligent brain of a high profile minister.. oooppss again I comment personally by based on this quoted speech. Sooner or later, I believe you will respond by saying that your speech has been misquoted. Anyway, that's not my intention here. So let us get back to business.
Well, I am a researcher therefore I use evidences and references to justify my stands. For your information, in this information age, most of the literate people (I refer to frequent Internet visitors) regardless of gender and age know that blogs are not used to talk only about politics, but also other things such as travel, food, e-learning, sport etc. Many have also used blogs as personal diaries. My husband and I use this blog as a way to let our family, relatives and friends to keep track with our life here.
Ooopps before you can accuse me again as a liar, you can always check the wikipedia. It is just a simple process. Type the keyword 'blog' and taddaaa all the details information available for you. Well, this is the good tip for you so that whenever you try to talk about something to your supporters beyond your knowledge, you can start from here first. At least, it helps to structure your speech.
About the issue of gender and bloggers, I'd like share the intelligent views by Herring et al., researchers from Indiana University at Bloomington:
"We argue that by privileging filter blogs and thereby implicitly evaluating the activities of adult males as more interesting, important and/or newsworthy than those of other blog authors, public discourses about weblogs marginalize the activities of women and teen bloggers, thereby indirectly reproducing societal sexism and ageism, and misrepresenting the fundamental nature of the weblog phenomenon. We conclude by advocating a broader characterization of weblogs that takes into account the activities of a majority of blog authors, and more research on weblogs produced by women and teens".
You see, in doing research, biases always exist and this is a real danger in the academic discourse if one just relies on a particular views or methods. It leads to confusion, and worst, to wrongly conclude the causality effects of certain events.
In your speech, you particularly have suggested that all bloggers are liars. Wow.. you must be attributed this statement to the so many inconvenient truths / incidents that have derived from Internet. However, humble bloggers like us, and many more women bloggers do not necessarily utilize blog to spread rumours or even to seriously engage in politics. The way you present your fact (I wonder where you get this from) that "10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women" really makes me wonder from your context of political speech:
1) do you imply that all women bloggers are liars, like to spread rumours, and do not like national unity
2) since the majority are housewife/unemployed bloggers, so you say they are the majority cheaters and very creative in inventing ways to cheat
3) These 8000 women may be the potential cause that can affect the national unity
See if I reexamine your speech from the context of a political speech, my views are unfortunately political also.
But I am an educator, therefore, I conclude here there are lessons you have to learn:
1) Use wikipedia if you want to know some elementary concepts about something
2) check your information sources to make sure that it is from a credible research work
3) always restructure your context of speech so that you won't turn away your potential voters
4) please.. please.. do not use 'my speech has been misquoted' if you want to address this inconveniet event that hurts many people including me in the near future. Such excuse is so lame and does not fit the role of a good politician.
-----------
"All bloggers are liars. They cheat people using all kinds of methods.'From my understanding, out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women.''Bloggers like to spread rumours; they do not like national unity.
----------
I am not sure how you have structured your speech, and I try to resist that this is actually a written-based speech or whatever you call it. This speech does not represent any charismatic, intelligent brain of a high profile minister.. oooppss again I comment personally by based on this quoted speech. Sooner or later, I believe you will respond by saying that your speech has been misquoted. Anyway, that's not my intention here. So let us get back to business.
Well, I am a researcher therefore I use evidences and references to justify my stands. For your information, in this information age, most of the literate people (I refer to frequent Internet visitors) regardless of gender and age know that blogs are not used to talk only about politics, but also other things such as travel, food, e-learning, sport etc. Many have also used blogs as personal diaries. My husband and I use this blog as a way to let our family, relatives and friends to keep track with our life here.
Ooopps before you can accuse me again as a liar, you can always check the wikipedia. It is just a simple process. Type the keyword 'blog' and taddaaa all the details information available for you. Well, this is the good tip for you so that whenever you try to talk about something to your supporters beyond your knowledge, you can start from here first. At least, it helps to structure your speech.
About the issue of gender and bloggers, I'd like share the intelligent views by Herring et al., researchers from Indiana University at Bloomington:
"We argue that by privileging filter blogs and thereby implicitly evaluating the activities of adult males as more interesting, important and/or newsworthy than those of other blog authors, public discourses about weblogs marginalize the activities of women and teen bloggers, thereby indirectly reproducing societal sexism and ageism, and misrepresenting the fundamental nature of the weblog phenomenon. We conclude by advocating a broader characterization of weblogs that takes into account the activities of a majority of blog authors, and more research on weblogs produced by women and teens".
You see, in doing research, biases always exist and this is a real danger in the academic discourse if one just relies on a particular views or methods. It leads to confusion, and worst, to wrongly conclude the causality effects of certain events.
In your speech, you particularly have suggested that all bloggers are liars. Wow.. you must be attributed this statement to the so many inconvenient truths / incidents that have derived from Internet. However, humble bloggers like us, and many more women bloggers do not necessarily utilize blog to spread rumours or even to seriously engage in politics. The way you present your fact (I wonder where you get this from) that "10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women" really makes me wonder from your context of political speech:
1) do you imply that all women bloggers are liars, like to spread rumours, and do not like national unity
2) since the majority are housewife/unemployed bloggers, so you say they are the majority cheaters and very creative in inventing ways to cheat
3) These 8000 women may be the potential cause that can affect the national unity
See if I reexamine your speech from the context of a political speech, my views are unfortunately political also.
But I am an educator, therefore, I conclude here there are lessons you have to learn:
1) Use wikipedia if you want to know some elementary concepts about something
2) check your information sources to make sure that it is from a credible research work
3) always restructure your context of speech so that you won't turn away your potential voters
4) please.. please.. do not use 'my speech has been misquoted' if you want to address this inconveniet event that hurts many people including me in the near future. Such excuse is so lame and does not fit the role of a good politician.
Labels: Panglima Besar



1 Comments:
I doubt that he knows anything about the species called mouse, keyboard, wireless or windows.. hehe.. So, the point asking him to look up in wikipedia, well, it'll be like asking him to jump into the river..hehe. Anyway, let me guess, the following might be his typical responds or actions :
a.) No comment.
b.) Misquoted.
c.) Cuti Sakit.
d.) Cuti Rehat.
e.) Tunggu arahan.
Roll your dice..hehe.. My guess would be (b) or (a). Although (b) seems to be a very popular answer these days.
By
Unknown, at 6:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home