Proton = price of being Patriotic.
Ahh Proton. I've heard so much about this Proton lately. What the fuss all about ? So I did some googling and found out that Proton is coming out with a new model which hopes to boost their reputation and income. Well, I'd been patriotic with a hole in my pocket for the past 13 years suffering along side with all other new Proton's owner. The 1st proton I'd was Iswara in the early 90's. I still think its interior were much better than the last Iswara we'd which consist almost 80% cheap plastic. Anyway, after a year things started to go wrong. From the problem power window, leaking boots, lose wirings to faulty alarm system the list went on and on. Like others I became a regular at the EON workshop to claim my warranty. Then, I'd lost count on the number of times I'd to queue up in the long line at road side in front of EON at Pending in those wee hours. Driving a Proton need a little bit of self-discovery. After I drove it for 3 months i.e. my 2nd new Wira, I discovered a condensation inside my car. So I searched high and low for a leak until I opened the car boot. ABRACADABRA!! What a discovery.. Proton had thrown in the fish tank features into their design as well. During a heavy rain, the water sipped in through the tail lights which weren't clipped and aligned with the body, and the glue weren't properly applied leaving a big gap in between. Now, that was when all the problems started. Yuppp.. this time I didn't have to wait for a year to find out all of them. They're the same old problems i.e. Power window,irritating noise under the dashboard, signal lamps fallen off, lose wiring beneath the compartment, faulty wiring, mini front lamp fallen off! Anyway, I think my 3rd Proton, Wira was on top of the list. After 2 years, the same problems occurred! Dejavu! power window problem, irritating noises, alarm system etc.. with the additional of faulty disk brakes and noisy aircond pump. My last Proton was Iswara and it wasn't as good as the 1st Iswara I'd owned back in the 90's. It did gives us a big headache as well with all those old problems. Yes, the good old power window problem, oil pump, aircond, leakings, dashboard meters failed etc etc.. except for those fallen lamps.. Yupp, we're frustrated and fed up with all those similar line "Proton lar, all the same, where got kualiti ?" when we send our car to the workshop.
Well as for our next car, we'll try our best to avoid PROTON ! Oh ya, I remember those stickers 'Lulus Proton'.. Yeah right ! 'Lulus' my foot!
(Note: Oh yes, we bought an exported model of Proton Satria in Melbourne and the quality was way above our domestic model.)
Well as for our next car, we'll try our best to avoid PROTON ! Oh ya, I remember those stickers 'Lulus Proton'.. Yeah right ! 'Lulus' my foot!
(Note: Oh yes, we bought an exported model of Proton Satria in Melbourne and the quality was way above our domestic model.)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home