Saturday, February 16, 2008

Uprading Quad Core

Finally, weekend is here to stay, what a relief! My whole week in the office was packed with suspend, speculations, theories, uneasiness and stress like the Cluedo Master or some psychological mind games in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" or "The Wheel of Fortunes". Some of us passed this round but who knows when is the next round or who will be picked? Even the kebabs couldn’t calm my fear. Well, I tried to keep myself busy after work to suppress my worriness. So, I ordered some PC parts to have our home PC upgraded to Quad Core fast lane. I dropped the idea on buying the AMD Phenom as it has a lot of bad reviews in the forums esp. on the 4th core issues. The installation of the mobo, ram etc was a breeze walk in a park except for the CPU clips and the massive heat sinker. The processing speed was amazing, I tried the movie converters, call of duty, photoshop, ulead, .. oh did I mention the word FAST ? Now, our Vista desktop will kick in within 10 secs after BIOS display. Talking about bit and pieces of hardware, part of me feels like walking down in the memory lane again when my colleague passed me his notebook for detoxing recently. I remember back in Malaysia I would spend most of my weekend cleaning viruses, trojans, bho, worms etc until my wife forced me to go outside and breathe some fresh air or looked at the blue sky! Then again, I have never built any interest in hardware but it always come around and bit me from behind ..hehe


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home