Friday, January 25, 2008

One of those day.

What a week! Yang kept herself busy in her Uni as their temp. DBa while I stuck in the trenches with my comrades in the office. God knows what will be installed for us next week? Dodging hail of bullets perhaps or digging up more trenches? Anyway, it’s Friday night, Yang is in her err.. magical mood and watch the re-run of Harry Potter series again for the x numbers of time while I’m doing my usual stuff i.e. bleaching hard disk, check out our old PC parts, replying emails, wondering what’s Bill Gate up to, trying to decide which kebab shop is the best etc.. basically I’m doing nothing. Well, the good news is we received Yang’s new hard disk, 160gb SATA, for her Dell notebook and I’d swapped her existing old 60gb SATA. The upgrade process was easy as compare to the old IDE hard disk in our old Acer notebook. Opps.. Yang is ranting about how she misses the warm weather, sun and rain in Malaysia. Come to think of it I do miss having our friends and relatives around especially this time of the year where Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Talking about CNY, I’d sent out those usual greeting cards to some of you especially the 2 stooges in Kuching.. hehe.. you know who I mean. Back in the old days, I remember during the pre CNY celebration, we could see the Everrise or the Giant supermarkets were swarmed with people, a lots of new cars on the road, houses with new paint, the Courts Mammoth 'taukeh' was smiling etc. On the eve, we would have a large family and relative dinner. By 12 midnight I would light firecrackers with my family at the background. Then the whole neighbourhood would went crazy with their firecrackers war fare until the smoke and noise pollution filled up the air. Gosh! the atmosphere is so different here! Maybe I should stick to my New Year resolution rather than flipping my old files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home