Sunday, March 09, 2008

Election Fever !

Yesterday, I woke up around 3am (10am - Malaysia time). The night before, I'd a weird dream about myself being cramped and squashed by some form of invincible beings. As these beings started to move my chest would felt the pressure and I was gasping for air. As the spaces around me was getting smaller, I felt myself drowning my vision was getting blurrier and smaller. Then, suddenly from nowhere my strength came back and I picked up my last energy and shouted verses from the Quran a couple of times. It was then I saw these beings were moving away, and seeing myself being resurfaced from the water and I started to breath normally again, and my vision came back. And this time, my vision is very clear and I could feel the fresh morning air, and I saw green trees and blue sky out from my window. At that instant, I woke up and my brain couldn't stop thinking and I was beginning to worry about the situation in our home town. I kept asking myself, "What's my dream gotta do with this election?". Could there be drastic changes in this General Election? I've got used to these funny dreams and sometime, things or the situation will turn out to be quite similar or in a different way. Yang always concludes that I've read too much mags or spend too much time in the internet and coffee hehe i.e side effects of my brain's neuron. Anyway, I went back to sleep around 5 am but we woke up again around 8 am, and we hooked up to our internet whole day ! and survived on chips and coffee. The results were pouring in every second! By mid day, we saw one state after the other changed hand to the opposition. By evening, most of the websites and blogs were jammed and being suspended because of the overload! While waiting for them to refresh we managed to find an alternative website which has an online radio TKO.fm with a very funny guerilla tactics political DJ.. at http://greenboc.blogspot.com/, hahaha.. I mean the way he described the situations. The only website that offered a few secs refreshed on the election results was Malaysiakini.com but the website was constantly jammed up even though they'd fired up another 6 mirrored servers. By 10 pm -ish, the results showed a tsunami victory for the opposition and a simple majority for the current govt with 5 states changed of Menteri Besars and a Ketua Mentri. Well, that's the Rakyat’s choice and democracy has been practised, and we're totally worned out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home