Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Garden Inspirations: Majorelle Garden, Marrakech

Majorelle Garden is a bit further up from the old town. We had to use a taxi to go there from Jamaa el Fna. The entrace fee is 30 DH per person. The garden was inspired by Jacques Majorelle, a french painter. There are varieties of plants in the garden. The combinations of striking blue, green and yellow color for the plant vases blend well with the selections of plants and trees. Also, I was really impressed with the cactus plants. There are so big, and healthy unlike my cactus plants that I had last time. The Morroccan garden style is unique. I will post later few more photos of Morrocan gardens around Marakech. You can check this blog if you want to know a little bit about the Morroccan culture, art and design.







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home