Monday, April 07, 2008

Jalan-jalan Cari Makan: Our quest for Sally Lunn's Bun in Bath City, UK

While doing some research about Bath City before our trip, I came across this Sally Lunn's Bun. My other half was laughing the first time I told him that we should include Sally Lunn's House in our trip itenary. The truth is I was not really interested about the Sally Lunn's history as a Bath's oldest house. I was curious about the bun! Well in the Sally Lunn's website, there is a statement - 'the world famous Sally Lunn's Bun'. Therefore my assumption is that the bun must be extra special. We visited the place after our visit to Roman Baths and after using the hopon - hop off city sightseeing bus to visit other places. The museum is free, very small but you can get the feel of an old house. As for the bun, well it tastes like buns! What can I say! You have to taste for yourself when you visiting the city hehehhehe.

Our visit to Bath was worthwhile. Bath is really a beautiful city. We took First Great Western train from Paddington station to Bath Spa station. The city center is just about 10 minutes walk from the train station. In addition to the Roman Baths and Sally Lunn's House, we also visited few of other popular places such as the Pulteney Bridge and the River Avon, the Royal Crescent, the Circus and Jane Austen Museum.


1 Comments:

  • Opps you forgot about the Roman Hot Spring ..hehe. Wish I could take a dive into it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home