Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a bug's life - Part 1

It has been quite a while since I last updated our blog. After came back from my December holiday, my life here has gone back to normal. Yupp, daily stress and the usual workloads become part of my life now. There are so much thing that I’ve gone through since a major shift in my career last year. Moving out from the background, I’m doing more frontline works now like scheduling, planning, decision making, documentations, validations, more coding and etc which most of them are out of my software developer’s job scope in the market. It was an uphill battle for me for the first few months but I’m immune to all that now. I mean, juggling few things at one time without anyone (I mean ANYONE) understanding what I'm doing and at the same time, trying very hard to convince my other colleagues about the wonder of unit tests, refactoring and validation. Sometimes, I do get stress up by keeping up with them on these reminders. Then, it’s proof to be very hard to convince people especially those end-users about the purpose of all these tests and validations. Like I said before, I’ve a second thought now after witness so many things happened around me. Well, for me it’s all about passion of developing software and that’s why I still stuck to the same old career for nearly 2 decades. Yeah, sometimes people can misunderstood and assume that I take my task too personally. Then, again who doesn’t if no one wants to take responsibility at the end of the day and left you all alone answering questions? This brings me to the topic I discussed with my friend the other day. He has some internet businesses in VoIP, end user and talked like a typical salesman. Funny enough he brought up a question “How can I understand programmers mind? I want to know how they think.”... [to be continued]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home