One thing nice about Salzburg, they take public toilet issues very seriously. They know that tourists from far and near have one common issue when comes to travelling, i.e. public toilet! Yupp, I’m talking about those public toilets on the street, next to the river or outside the museums etc and not those shiny new toilets in the shopping malls. Yes, public toilets are one of the key factor that decides the city blooming market in tourism. Salzburg, they’ve WC access everywhere in the city area and the best of all it’s FREE! I’d like to give them my thumbs up for the cleanest public toilets after Berlin. They will make your toilet experiences feel like you’re in some futuristic time zone or
some can make you feel calm with their minimalistic or a Zen like designs. London on the other hand, toilet is like a facility to allow the contractors or councils to squeeze extra ££ from the tourists. Therefore the cleanest and the locality issues come 2nd and as for the design, err what design? It’s like telling you “Hey! Do your stuff and get the hell out!” and the most expensive public toilet that I ever been was in the Westminster Underground Station. They’re
charging £0.50 per entry and I’ve no complaint about the cleanness but gosh! the smell like all any other public toilets in London, is horrible! As for other public toilets that we’d visited in other countries, I think Cairo is at the very bottom of my list which is beyond my description and some are still charging tips for err maintenance! Then Paris, Rome and Belgium are somewhere in the middle while Malaysia err Kuching is err somewhere below that i.e. before Cairo and Marrakesh. Yeah, my own beloved country and they still can’t even get a basic thing right. I wonder, are they still charging 30 cents entry fee? If you’re wondering about Istanbul, yupp I put it right in between Paris and Rome. 




* All pictures posted here were taken in Salzburg.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home