It's a bug's life - Part 2
I told him, “You can’t and nobody can. Only programmers themselves will understand each other. You will never understand us and how we think. Our brain has been structured in that way like me after doing the same thing for almost 20 years! ”. Anyway, we both agreed that people or outsiders like him would look at us like some forms of human sub species. We also agreed on some people are ruthless enough to exploit our charitable motives e.g like appointment at 9pm but then they expect you to come around 7.30pm perhaps because you always have a habit of coming early for the appointment. Now, that is taking an advantage. Nope, it isn’t about trying to impress someone with an overnight projects which completed without proper testing or validations, or none standard coding, no refactoring, bugs, none standard layout and a “selfish” code designs which only focus on an individual readability i.e. developer him/herself and not for the others esp. the users. Then, one has a habit of making assumptions when collecting user requirements and asking the same question over and over again.Yeah, just move your fat a**se and start asking questions like what I do everyday. Information don't just come knocking at you door or handed to you in a silver plate. I always try to be a good listener, and never assume things are tsimple which would end up wasting other people time. Then again, who am I trying to fool? Who wants to listen to me? I’m not a senior or whatever but only a normal level Software Developer. Anyway, they should know better than me because they’ve around 5 years – 6 years working experiences and they’re on a different salary scale whereas, me on the other hand, have only 19 years of work experience. Hmm, did I get my maths right on the years? Duhh yes, I did.. What more can I say? Sometimes, I’m just being too passive and lie low, and I only make noises if I feel things become extraordinary weird or not right. Yeah, I may annoyed people but will they understand my concerned? N-O-P-E and I would only end up making more enemies. So, why should I waste my time worrying all this? Sheesh! I should stay low and focus on my job scope, and go nothing beyond that..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home