Monday, August 06, 2007

Summer weekend in Hyde Park

What a weekend! 30'c and I was busy seeking shelter to avoid hot sun in the Hyde Park. The flowers have bloomed, trees are green, I could see a tall green grass at last. Everything was very lively and green. After a long walked, I came across the Speaker Corner instead. What a commotion! On one side, under the tree crowds gathered to listen to the Muslim speaker who was criticizing the government policy on Iraq and then he talked about the Palestine and Iran. Then on the other side, standing on the aluminum ladder an old man patriotically holding his Israeli flag with his right hand while a big book on the other. He was shouting at his top voice preaching Judaism. But as you can see in the picture, those crowds were just too hooked onto the Muslim speaker speeches who talked about his views on the current affair with fact and figure. I was impressed by the patience of this Muslim speaker who constantly been harassed by that Jewish man who condemned and threw string of blasphemous curses. It was like a scene of bullying - I felt that was uncalled for i.e. condemn other people religions and believes -. At one point I became really annoyed by his curses on Prophet Mohammed S.A.W. So I walked to his ladder where he was standing on. I could feel that my left leg was itching to kick it over and let him fell flat on his face. Nah! I let him be. He might end up with the NHS while I would be spending the rest of my weekend in a cell. That’s not me.. hehe. I’m not that violent. I believe in diplomacy, ‘perbincangan’ and Negotiating is my middle name hehe.. Anyway, the Muslim speaker just ignored the Jew and kept on expressing his views about the condition of the Palestine and Iraq. Huh! Very typical, when one lacked of agenda one will resort to hit below the belt.. Huh that reminds me of what's happening in Malaysia now. Anyway that's the famous Hyde Park Speaker Corner. Anyone, you or me can go there and vent our steam!

1 Comments:

  • Iskkk the flower must be blooming everywhere... I wish I can walk with you every weekend, and see my favorites duck and pigeons everywhere enjoying the weather..

    By Blogger Rohaya & Taufik, at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home